Thursday, May 18, 2006

All Other Ground is Sinking Sand

O.K., so basically if I want to be successful according to the "pattern of this world" I will have "security", which typically = independence. Something I can @ least feel like I achieved by myself and can hold onto by myself. Which pretty much equates to me being able to do life and not need to trust in God much. I can take care of myself. I can have lottsa moo-la in the bank so that no matter what comes my way, I won't have issues or dillemas that need a solution from Someone outside myself. I will avoid pain and challenging relationships by only hanging out with those that I find comfortable and trustworthy. I avoid confrontation and reality checks because love = always smiling and non-confrontational interaction, for the sake of not wanting to "step on anyone's toes". It may be rare to have honesty and "speaking the truth in love" so that my bros and sis' and I can become more like our Jesus and throw off all the things that tangle up our feet and trip us.

Anyway, all that to say- God has a magnificent way of taking away all the fake, sand-foundations so that I learn to stand on the one true Rock alone. He is so wild and untameable and unpredictable oftentimes. And if we're honest with ourselves- the very actions of our God in this vapor of a lifetime, that @ times seem to our human brains to be "mean" or "heartless" are the very things that prove God's brave love for you and I.

Without the torents of Love slamming into our false foundations and causing us to desire Someone stronger, we'd be little more than men and women content in our homes built on sand. A home built on sand is by no means a home. And because of the Love that drives all He does, God won't have any of that fake, man-made, shallow, dillusional, temporary comfort and ease stuff.



TRUE life is found "Through living by faith, putting others first and consistently finding joy in giving to others in need ..."
Ranjan Marwah