Monday, September 20, 2010

Your boundaries are so DAD GUM pleasant!

I. LIIIKE:
Submission.
Spiritual covering.
Accountability.
Real depth/commitment/rawness of friendship.
Covenant.

Boy oh boy, I LIKE THESE.
I AM SO SO SOOOO GRATEFUL FOR THESE.
I LOVE how God designed these boundaries to truly set each of us freeee.

In the same way that water being buzzed through a hose has far more power, & far more directed power than free flowing water just plopping down out of the sky every which way...the boundaries You lovingly set up, or at least long to set up, in each of our lives are GOOD my God. Mighty, mighty good.
The path of least resistance, lone ranger-ness, inbred truth...all these & so much more can be avoided through Your beautiful gift of boundaries and the safety of covenant family.

I LOVE how "faith expressing itself through LOVE" finds an all the more spacious place to roam & express itself in the humility of brotherly/sisterly love in this FAMILY of God.
Oh precious God, THANKS SOOO MUCH for spiritual parents, spiritual bro's & sis'....a FAMILY more legit than just about anything. How quick You are to set us in these deep, powerful, tough but beautiful relationships if we truly long & ask for them.

"LORD, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance." Psalm 16:5-6

Oh God, how I ADORE Your outlandishly loving boundaries.