Sunday, September 12, 2010

monks. melodies. meadows.

a lil snippet of my soundtrack for the drive today...


SERIOUSLY y'all.
PLEASE spend some days at a monastery/abbey/convent from time to time if at all possible.

I had SUCH a dreamy time a few days back at Conception Abbey (in Conception, Missouri) hanging out with the monks & their live organ tunes; really being, just BEING, in silence for hours & hours at a time and simply letting this God re-center it all once again...oh when He shows up with His divine plumbline; when He recalibrates all the chaos that can ensue when the eternal being inside me constantly collides with the temporal jungle surrounding it...and does His magic.

I'm so grateful for the reverence and the quiet, brave routine of those living full-blown monastic lifestyles.
God help me continue to implement these life-giving structures/disciplines that make space for greater freedom into my own every day existence.
oh dear me.
really.
so good.
just so, so good.