Friday, July 30, 2010

the 63rd.

music of the moment... Purely instrumental music [i.e. sans words] is a bit of a life-strategy for me presently it seems...

A psalm. One that I've clung to off & on the last many months like a child clings to floaties his first few bouts of swimming. I'm banking on Your promises God.

Teach me, please, again & again & again how to walk through a refining season YOUR way. One day at a time give me YOUR perspective. What do YOU see from Your wildly different angle? Arghhh I don't want to give in to aimlessness, distraction or hopelessness for so much as an hour. I don't wanna be numb, don't wanna believe the lies hissed in my ear that I've lost my ever-loving mind & am walking the path of a fool. Oh wait, I am a fool to one temporary, fading, mirage of a world. But not in Your world. Just teach me Father, again, to walk a dry spell properly with you, to STICK by Your side & abide. I flipping love walking new experiences with You, and new levels & layers of even the same experiences. and not just the "good" ones or "fun" ones or "easy" ones. HECK NAHHH...constantly hearing the invitation escaping Your heart through Your lips to me "Come. Come away with Me. I Love investing into this ever-expanding personal history with you My child. Oh, I LOVE it" keeps me ever-burgeoning with joy unspeakable. If I allow it to. I was telling a friend yesterday how continually astounded I am that there seems to be no "all dry" or "all good" seasons walking alongside this God. Even "mountaintop" seasons seem to be speckled here & there with hardships, humbling, confusion from time to time. And even "valley" seasons seem flowered with sooo much beauty, sooo many legitly valuable & fun moments of blessing, that it can actually take me a good bit of time to even reconcile the fact with God that I'm in a "desert" season. I like that. I like that, as it turns out, ol brother Paul was right, "I've found the secret. Want to know what it is? Here it is: contentment in God. That's right, discovering Him over & over & over fuels faith, joy, hope, vision & purpose for this journey of Love. Whether we're well fed & swimming in plenty or whether we feel dry as a raisin with little to give, just GIVE. Just LOVE. Test this theory. Just try it. See what happens..."

Psalm 63

A David Psalm, When He Was out in the Judean Wilderness
1 God—you're my God! I can't get enough of you!
I've worked up such hunger and thirst for God,
traveling across dry and weary deserts.

2-4 So here I am in the place of worship, eyes open,
drinking in your strength and glory.
In your generous love I am really living at last!
My lips brim praises like fountains.
I bless you every time I take a breath;
My arms wave like banners of praise to you.

5-8 I eat my fill of prime rib and gravy;
I smack my lips. It's time to shout praises!
If I'm sleepless at midnight,
I spend the hours in grateful reflection.
Because you've always stood up for me,
I'm free to run and play.
I hold on to you for dear life,
and you hold me steady as a post.