Tuesday, October 05, 2010

"Some time later the brook dried up."
[1 Kings 17.7]

Can I be honest?

For some time now, I have been attracted to only music, movies, art, etc. that force me to dig, search and chase the meaning of the lyrics, melodies, patterns, subtleties, etc.
I have an almost borderline distaste for overtly-wholesome lyrics even.
Weird, ey? Perhaps.
But I think it's mayhaps an outer indicator of where I'm presently at inwardly with my God...it's a dig, dig, dig time. A press in, go higher and go deeper time. It's simply not a time to sit back and let Truth and Freedom and rubber-meets-the-road Love come to me on a silver platter. So many of the sources I'm accustomed to going to, to fill that hungry being that resides within each of us humans, have, simply not satisfied the way they used to.
God, keep making us a people willing/desiring to daily choose to hold Your hand and continue to allow You to lead and guide, yet allow this ever-building hunger and stubbourness to march forth inside our soul and make the tough choices that You are not willing to make for us; to refuse to let the spell of this decaying world's idea of "success" and the false beauty of microwave/immediate results enchant us any longer, to the best of our ability.
Or, should I say, to the best of Your ability rushing forth within us...
Oh that we would be swept away by it instead of the vain, anchorless, fading distractions and lesser gods.
This indescribably bright, pure, crisp and frighteningly beautiful light that we've caught a glimpse of in even the slightest flicker of Your eyes far outweighs it all and should be all we need to daily stand up and use that gift of a free will that resides within us and CHOOSE You.
I've more than a slight suspicion that Your countenance glows with joy when so much as one of the billions of humans You fashioned use their free will to make a choice for love.
After all, this life thing is truly composed of a series of choices I suppose.