Sunday, May 03, 2009

good golly miss molly.
about a week ago i felt the Lord challenge me to be disciplined enough to spend at least an hour a day on music whenever at all possible.
i've been able to almost completely hold fast to this challenge for the last week or so...YESSSS!
parts of me are coming back to life...i honestly don't recall the last time i've been able to devote even a consistent 15 minutes a day to musical endeavors.
it's quite tasty to the ol' soul indeed.

tonite, He gave me a lil' diddy to write out of Isaiah 55--


" why do you do it, day after day
trudge through half numb, who told you to?
emptying your pockets & spilling out your soul
for all these things entirely impotent to save

chorus X2-
so come, free drinks - but only to them who know they thirst
come, buy & eat - but only for them who know they're beyond bankrupt
it's you He wants, only you He wants
it's you He wants, only you He forever wants

listen to me, come to me
i'll bind myself to you and never leave
i'll fill you up, 'til you can't seem to get enough
i'll satisfy & fill every aching abyss within

chorus X2-

my thoughts aren't your thoughts,
my ways, not your ways
look up, up into the heavens & know
you make this heart skip a beat
oh how you make my heart skip a beat..."


it's already been a deep, deep pleasure to get lost in music once more.
music is most assuredly something God has fashioned me to intensely value.

so here's a challenge...
to remember afresh today what it is you've been fashioned to deeply appreciate and value...and then to steward those things with all His energies.
daily.
for His glory.