Thursday, February 22, 2007

I'm going to be honest here.
I'm not at all sure really how I can be more confident and grounded in regards to my dreams for the future, how they can be brighter and louder than ever yet shrouded in this fog of confusion and obscurity, all at once. But, alas, this is where I find myself presently. No matter how varied the circumstances I have found myself in the past year or so have been, they all seem to shout one foundational thing -

"Sarah! Come! Taste! See! Your God is enough for you. He wants to be IT. He wants to prove to you that you can be unsure about a hundred and one things so long as you're sure of One Thing. He's insane about you. And He wants to prove His love, affection, approval, ecstatic joy, daddy-heart, mother-heart, adventurer heart, outlandish provision, and reveal His mysteries. Come! Stay in this yoke alongside Him alone, it's easy with Him, so easy..."

I am praying about returning to YWAM for the School Of Evangelism that starts April 1st. I am stirred deeply every time I go and hang out there. God is about to pour out some big time stuff on that particular chunk of Christ's Body. And I want to be there for it. Desperately. With every prophetic utterance and every heart-shaking, I am pumped up beyond compare to experience what our King is about to do in response to His kids' prayers for awakening in this nation. And in this world.

It's gonna be good, brothers and sisters.


Here's an excerpt from Oswald Chambers' devotional. Enjoy.







THE DISCIPLINE OF SPIRITUAL TENACITY



"Be still, and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Tenacity is more than endurance, it is endurance combined with the absolute certainty that what we are looking for is going to transpire. Tenacity is more than hanging on, which may be but the weakness of being too afraid to fall off. Tenacity is the supreme effort of a man refusing to believe that his hero is going to be conquered. The greatest fear a man has is not that he will be damned, but that Jesus Christ will be worsted, that the things He stood for - love and justice and forgiveness and kindness among men - will not win out in the end; the things He stands for look like will-o'-the-wisps. Then comes the call to spiritual tenacity, not to hang on and do nothing, but to work deliberately on the certainty that God is not going to be worsted.

If our hopes are being disappointed just now, it means that they are being purified. There is nothing noble the human mind has ever hoped for or dreamed of that will not be fulfilled. One of the greatest strains in life is the strain of waiting for God. "Because thou hast kept the word of my patience."

Remain spiritually tenacious.