Monday, October 02, 2006

Focus on One. The Rest is Coming From His Hand In Due Time.

Life leaps like a geyser for those willing to drill through the rock of inertia.-- Alexis Carrel

Who woulda thunk that it'd take totally flip-flopping my sleep schedule, relocating geographically, partial food fasting and the encouragement and community of a bunch of other Jesus-Junkies to rid my soul of some of the nastiest, most unappealing substances that exisit if ya ask me:
inertia. complacency. half-soul-ness. fence-straddling. second-guessing. wavering. not living up to what Christ spilled out Himself for us to have every moment of every day.

And I luuuuv it. This whole being awake when it's dark just as much as when it's light gig is rockin. My team is on the full-fledged night watch now from 2am-8am every lovely morning. And the extra added little bonus?! When we're standing outside the Supreme Court and Capital somehow we can still catch a full glimpse of stars. Seriously, there are just too many lights to be able to see stars around this place, yet...it is so! I was missing Texas mainly for the wide open spaces and specifically the sky full of yummy stars I'd soak up each evening during God and I's night walks...but this'll do pig. this'll do. (that quote's for you stud-o-rama broski).

Yeah, so. Yeah. Ummm...the Spirit in me is way happy, frankly giddy, right now. This mad-crazy lifestyle of just mainly forgetting about me and my wants and comforts for 40 days or so to focus on what's on His heart is...well... how do you say- wonnnnderfully refreshing.

Never be timid or half-hearted @ seeking His Kingdom first my bro's and sis'. Turns out our Mighty One is not jokin one tiny bit. His innocent, kind, tender, 100% all the time aware and willing heart is trust-able for our heart to rest in fully. Fully engage, totally connect with Him on a daily basis and watch how when you seek Him and His real heart, and His stuff first, He is more than willing to seek and provide "far beyond anything you have ever even thought up or asked for"!!!!


Philippians 2:12-13 (The Message)
"What I'm getting at, friends, is that you should simply keep on doing what you've done from the beginning. When I was living among you, you lived in responsive obedience. Now that I'm separated from you, keep it up. Better yet, redouble your efforts. Be energetic in your life of salvation, reverent and sensitive before God. That energy is God's energy, an energy deep within you, God himself willing and working at what will give him the most pleasure."

Love you guys. I am so appreciative & undeserving of each of you-
Sarah